Teenagers and their "disposable incomes".

Author: MiniBullyMom aka Laura B. // Category:
Well my youngest got his first job and first paycheck. He was so excited to come home and show it to us. He has more disposable income than anyone in the family. We have talked about putting half of it into his savings each payday. We are hoping that the job will be incentive enough for him to get his act together with his grades. So I supposed in a round about way it could be considered getting paid to get good grades.
It should be interesting to see what he does with his money over the next couple months. He wants to buy new speakers for the truck that I drive because when he gets his license it will be his truck. He already put a new stereo in it with his christmas money.
He resisted the temptation to buy a subwoofer at Best Buy last night. Instead he stuck with purchasing the video game for his xBox that he went there for originally. I'm sure that part of the reason that he didn't get to cave to the temptation was that I told him that I wasnt' going to wait around for him to look around the car stereo dept. The big question is...did he take his money with him to school today and if so....did he spend any and on what.

2 Responses to "Teenagers and their "disposable incomes"."

Tami Says :
March 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM

When my son got his first paycheck he was so excited! However; we did make him save most of his check. He was grateful to us when he could finally purchase his first car!

Anonymous Says :
March 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I still have some years to go. my DS is 8 right now

Post a Comment