Here I go...

Author: MiniBullyMom aka Laura B. // Category:
...watch out everyone I have taken the step of creating a blog for myself. I'm not sure what I'll write about quite yet. The focus will change depending on my mood. Heck I may find myself blogging constantly or rarely. I don't know if I'll blog about my family, my hobbies (camping, digiscrapping, genealogy, hockey), my collections (I do have a few things I collect) or myself. We will just see what happens. It probably won't be fancy to start out with but I will probably experiment with it more and more as time goes by.

I do have to give credit to my friend Melissa Daniels for introducing me to the world of blogging. She and I partnered up three years ago for "The Amazing Digiscrapping Race 2". One of the requirements that year was having a blog to post our layouts in as we completed the challenges. Thank goodness I had an experienced digiscrapper, blogger and blinkie creator for a partner. She stepped in and created a blog for our team. She told me I could do whatever I wanted and she would contribute to it too. She designed it and set up all the links. (I recentkly deleted the blog because nothing had been added to it for over two years) I was brand new to digiscrapping then and she was very patient with my endless questions. Looking back I don't know how she did it without tearing her hair out because I now realize what a busy person she is. But she has a heart of gold and loves sharing her passion for digiscrapping through her digital designs and by answering any questions she is asked.

So what have I been up to the past 24 hours? Well...besides being a complete couch potato I did complete a layout for the first challenge of the ADSR4. We were challenged by Hummie to tear up a photo at least three times and journal in the layout. Well the minute I read it I knew exactly what photo I was going to tear up...it's a classic...I tore up a photo of an old boyfriend. I was recently scanning a bunch of old photos and ran across ones from high school and my "single" days. I debated scanning a couple of them thinking those are from my past and do I really need to keep them. I then realized that my criteria for scanning was "would I use it in a scrapbook layout if I was that age now". So if I thought it was worth "scrapping about" it was worth scanning. Little did I know I would be using that photo in a layout so soon!!!


0 Responses to "Here I go..."

Post a Comment